Monday, May 24, 2010

My Birthday is on Friday so I'll Indulge in Some Model Talk

I always hear people say they LOVE models. Now I may not use hearts, OMGs, OMFGs or many other more complicated abbreviations in capital letters, but I love models too. My model love, (or lack of it) however, isn't based on wage, popularity, Victoria Secret-status or gossip/drama in life. It's based on looks, editorial work, runway walk, campaigns, personal style and media behaviour. So, this is an ongoing series of posts (which somehow I have the feeling I will regret having made) about those model categories. Starting from the bottom, as in




Category #1 also known as I'M A VERY FAMOUS, FABULOUS SUPERMODEL AND YOU'LL LOVE ME NO MATTER HOW SHITTY I GET OR HOW MUCH I SHOVE IT IN YOUR FACE

This group is lead by Tyra Banks. First of all she can't... model. Not even for editorials. Not ten years ago. Not even while wearing Alexander McQueen.
Second of all... see video below for details


Vicepresident of this group is Coco Rocha due to some unending media attention-craving issues, (see her twitter and blog for details).. as well as disturbing backstage behavior (below, left). Karlie Kloss is involved
her editorial work looks weird too
And this

Also in this category Agyness Deyn, who has become some sort of Britney Spears of the models so this is more like I HAVE ISSUES

It's not like I spent much time thinking about models, but personaly I think that the fashion industry is a very unconventional environment and sometimes people can get lost. At the end is just a job, in some ways like any other, and if it's yours then you should do it and avoid erratic behaviour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No regret porfavor! Estaba leyendo tu blog (no se porque rayos no sabia de el, y "rayos" no es de uso comun en mi vocabulario) y en este post TENGO q comentar. Es el post mas perfecto del mundo. :) Te atreviste a decir lo q yo no. Saludes desde La Ceiba.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, no registration needed