Friday, June 25, 2010

Resort 2011 Part I

I'm still undecided about what to think of Resort/Cruise collections even after my friend A. made it very clear they are as important as the air we breath or the gravitation forces holding the universe together, in a comment essay on this post. And though I don't think the world would cease to exist as we know it if there weren't any of the 75 Resort 2011 collections, there's still very much to be said about some of the clothes. Beginning with


Yves Saint Laurent
The jumpsuit thing is awesome and 70's and classy here. And though this is definetely my favorite look, I chose the images of the wide A dresses because they represent the rethro uptight/naive-meets-slutty trend I often enjoy so much (See Prada Fall 2010) and anyway I always agree when a house sticks to its core and keeps its characteristic mood.

Chanel
Well that's some seven-digit model casting budget going on right here.
Up, from left:
1.
Hanne Gaby Odiele 2. Georgia May Jagger + I don't know in a motorcycle
3. Anja Rubik
4. Abbey Lee Kershaw
Down, from left:
5. Baptiste Giabiconi/Zoolander 6. Eniko Mihalik 7. Anastasia Kuznetsova 8. Freja Beha Erichsen.
About the clothes, I'm too distracted to think, and prefer to stare at Anastasia who is my new model love because even though she has the face of an unborn baby, she can walk the runway so fiercely it makes me cry, die, shriek, etc. So I'll just drop the words St.Tropez and the rest can be figured out.

Donna Karan
These three looks (wore by Constance Jablonski) are my favorite. There's so much variety in fabrics and shapes and still you get an underlying cohesion achieved by the colors and I suspect also from the location, which I thought was kind of.. organic? Anyway these clothes are so nice they flow and fall in all the right places.

Jason Wu
1. Rose Cordero 2. Hanne Gaby Odiele 3. Lindsay Wixon
A long time ago I decided everytime I saw Puerto Rican model love Rose Cordero in a runway I would mention it, but ever since the Milan Fashion Week of Fall 2010 it's been rather difficult. I mean she walks everything lately, though she rarely gets editorial job, except for the cover of the Paris Vogue of March 2010. On the clothes, they're good I think, pretty and sobber and very much like the thing Michelle Obama loves Jason Wu for.

Zero + Maria Cornejo
The collection was inspired its Chilean designer María Cornejo's travels around the world. Wherever she went, there must've been some perfect, clean cuts and wise tailoring for her to come out with this. It's not really groundbreaking (hate that word btw) and the colors could've been crazier/funnier to better suit the radical architecture of the pieces (which would've resulted in something much more like the upper right corner look) but aside from that, this collection is exceptional. I even dare to say that if Hussein Chalayan had a resort collection, it would be in sort of the same category? Maybe? No? Not at all? ok nevermind.

So.. there's still Lanvin, Bottega Veneta, Celine, Givenchy and Proenza Schouler and I'll be done with Resort 2011. And I got the Men Summer/Spring 2011 among my priorities so this can stay fair and gender-friendly. Hasta pronto!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

¡¿DONDE ESTA LANVIN?! LANVIN ES GENIAL, NO VEO A LANVIN.

Ok, no me referia a que es como el aire que respiramos. Solamente la parte del oxígeno.

Y sobre la parte de Chanel: ¡¿NO SABES QUIEN ES SEBASTIEN JONDEAU?!.

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, no registration needed