Friday, October 29, 2010

Now Reading

I’m going through THE greatest state of apathy these days. I don’t remember the last time I used the word “love” and I’m not sure why I’m pointing that out but it must mean something. Also I feel utterly drained by the thought of going out, and when I do it’s only to be reminded why I didn’t want to in the first place. The only fun I’ve had these days is the idea of dressing up as a penanggalan for Halloween.

So as I’m waiting for the epiphany that’ll make me start a new glorious laughter-filled existence, my dearest friend P. gave me the tools to procrastinate myself into oblivion: Books. Three of them:

The Undomestic Goddess, by Sophie Kinsella
The story of a rather neurotic lawyer whose life is ridiculously busy and stressful, but she’s so deep in auto-mode she doesn’t see it. So she thinks it’s normal to chunk her blackberry inside her underwear at the Spa or having birthday dinner with her mom and brother over the phone, etc. As the story develops she goes through a transformation and ends up having an revelation which predictably is, stop and smell the flowers.

Some Like It Haute by Julie K. L. Dam
It’s about a style journalist who attends Paris fashion week, gets entangled in the story of the season’s hottest designer (I’m coping this from the back of the book ok givemmeabreak) and on top of that meets a man she really likes. I’d say “She meets love” but I’m not done reading it so who knows. Pure thick fashion fiction.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
I haven’t started it. However, I’ve already read David Sedaris and I’m practically salivating at the thought of going through him again.

So about being depressingly apathetic.  I’m sure it’ll pass, though I’m not sure how.  I don’t think I’m cut to have an Eye Of The Tiger-esque comeback, however tempting French movies make it look like
Until then excuse me while I continue to wander around the house carrying a blanket laying on whatever soft spot I find and turning into a cocoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me gustaa tu depresión literaria y reveladora.

Raúl Valdivia said...

*demasiado* reveladora

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, no registration needed